Friday, December 9, 2011

Blessed

Losing someone is hard, losing someone to cancer is like adding salt to the wound, like being kicked when your already down, and it just, well it just sucks.
Back in 09 when I went to that retreat just for teens with cancer I was roommates with this girl, Jessica. We became friends (like everybody does at those things), saw eachother at other events and kept in touch. I knew a while back that she was having some problems, but didn't know the extent of them, and I knew that she was back at Children's more than usual. Sadly, I lost touch for the most part with school and work these past few months and I found out on Monday that Jessica had passed away. I couldn't believe it and was shocked. She was loved and will be missed so much!
It was one of those moments when I realized just how blessed I truly am. We can so easily forget - yes, even cancer survivors can forget- just what God has done in our lives. He has provided me with so much, yet it is often easier to see what I don't have. God is so good and faithful to provide everything we need - not want, a key difference that I seem to overlook a lot of the time. I am so humbled and blessed and grateful for my life and the life that God has provided for me. Since he gave me life, and sustains my life, in return, he should get all of me, every aspect of my life should be for Him and His glory.

These are some of my favorite verses about rejoicing in the love and goodness of Jesus that I hope encourage you this week to come to Jesus with a grateful, thankful heart-

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Philipians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Psalm 103: 1-2 Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.


-We miss you Jessica-

No comments:

Post a Comment