Monday, June 4, 2012

Teen Impact Retreat 2012

Last Friday I graduated from school and recieved my AA in Social/Behavioral Sciences...it was such a fun night and I am so excited to see what God has in store for me as I begin attending CSUN! I left home super early to attend the Teen Impact Retreat the next morning because it began Friday afternoon but since I was graduating I had to go Saturday, and I had the most amazing time!! The Lord always blesses my time there by allowing me to meet, and catch up, with so many truly inspiring people. By the time we all leave on Sunday we are one huge family because when we're there, no one is the odd one out - the one who has to sit out of events, or has to wear a wig, or has scars, or a disability - we are the same, and that makes it one of the most comfortable and rewarding weekends ever. This was my last year as a camper, but I am so excited to return next year as a co-counselor :) Now that Summer is officially here, I am all set to continue preparing for the Miss Rodeo California pageant in October. For anyone who lives in AV area, I am having a fundraiser on Friday June 8th at the Leona Valley Comm. Bldg at 5pm and a Horse Play Day on Saturday June 9th. Encouragement for the Day: Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. This verse is not only encouraging but also convicting, because it can be difficult to always exhibit joy, patience, and faith but this reminds us to continue working out those qualities when we face struggles. Have a fantastic summer and God Bless! Sunshine&Smiles -Carlene

No comments:

Post a Comment