Wednesday, November 25, 2009

After Port Surgery...

My surgery went really well. I got to the hospital at 6:30 and we filled out paperwork and I got checked and ready for surgery by 8:20. By this time I was very hungry. Since I have had a cold I wasn't sure if they would still let me do surgery but they did. Once I got up into the surgery waiting and recovery room a nurse asked how I was with getting the anesthesia and I told that I didn't care once I was asleep with the mask. Then she said that they don't usually use the mask on older patients and she would have to 'check and see.' Lucky for her, she said that they could do that, because of course I would have demanded it. :) So I got to use the mask and it worked good because I don't remember anything after they put it on me. I woke up back in the recovery room and this time I didn't wake up crying for morphine, like when they put in my port. One my parents came back in I was basically awake, just kinda tired. Once I was functioning enough I started texting Heather, Oli, and Alicia and telling them that I was still very hungry. Since I ate my ice chips the nurse gave me jello. I got wheel chaired out to the car and then I went to sleep. This whole time my port was barely hurting me but around 2ish I took some tylenol and kept up with that all of Tuesday, but I haven't taken any today and it feels pretty good. As for my cold, that is basically gone but since I am such a giver, I shared it with Alyna and she's not to happy today. 8)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!
-Enjoy food, friends, and family...
-God Bless
Love-
Carlene

1 comment: